Wednesday, June 23

I Miss My Mountain



This may seem a bit whiny...but bear with me :) Last week was tough. There's no need to be extensive on why, because I have already blogged about that. Let me share my biggest challenge this week.

My biggest challenge for this week is that it is easy. At least so far. Everything is going smoothly, and there have been no major issues, obstacles, or challenges and it's KILLING me! Last week was so challenging, but it was also filled with so much dependency. As the week became progressively more challenging, my need to depend on God became stronger at the same time. I reached a point last week where I had no choice but to turn to God to handle each day, because I was not going to be able to make it on my own. And the blessings, as well as the joy that came from that were more amazing than I could have ever expected. Living day by day having to trust God was the more uplifting experience. I spent everyday last week in awe that he not only brought me through last week, but helped me to come out victorious, so that I could in turn give the credit to him.

This week, it's a bit of a different story. Each day is going fine, to the point that I don't need God. This means that I do need to remember him. This week it has been easy to breeze through the days not having to give glory to him, because I'm not needing to turn to him at every moment. It's surprising to me that if I had a choice, I would love to change this week to bring me to that point of challenge so that I could regain that dependency. It's confusing to me, because it's not logical. All that I know is that, each day, I have had to remain very conscientious that I need to spend time with my God. When I do, it's well worth it.

It's amazing to me that I can start to understand why so many people in difficult experiences have such joy. I got a sampling of the joy that is experienced through dependency last week, and now that I'm not in that state, I miss it. I guess my new challenge is to see the joy that can be experienced in the mundane day to day, rather than the miracles that shine to glorify my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment