Sunday, June 27

A Visit From a Friend :)




The picture on the left is a picture of Cami, with her husband Stefan, and their two kids, Micah and Mandy. I creeped this picture off her facebook page :) Cami plays a lot of roles in my life. She is first and foremost a wonderful friend to me. She is also a role model. She is an R.D at Gordon, but not my R.D. When I am at school, she substitutes as a sort of second-mom to me until I get to be around my mom. She gives the best hugs. This summer, she agreed to sign up to mentor to me while I am here at CSM, meaning that she has committed to pray for me and check up on me throughout the summer.

Cami and I met because of the Lacrosse team. It's a long story, but it is very clear that our friendship was designed by God. During this past season, Cami and I began to know each other better as the season progressed and we were at each game together. Throughout the spring semester, we began to meet weekly to pray for the team, and as this weekly prayer progressed, so did our friendship. Cami has been wonderful in showing me how to love people without hesitating. While I am at school, her family welcomes me with open arms. Stefan is wonderful, and I adore her two kids.

They are currently taking a 6 week roadtrip around the USA. Yes, they are crazy. As part of their trip, they stopped by DC for the afternoon to say hi. We were able to go to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays, grab Frozen Yogurt, and have a drive-through tour of the city.

I don't have a huge lesson for this blog post, to share what I learned. I just want to be able to remember, as I read these posts at the end of the summer, about the wonderful afternoon I had today. Cami did not have to stop by DC. But, her taking a couple of hours to say Hi to me will carry much further than a couple of hours. The effort she put in will last as I return to school and get excited to see her family again.

All in all, today was a great day, and I feel very rested. I got to talk to Josh for a little bit on my bus ride back from downtown to the Church, and it made me miss home, in a good way :) Tonight, I get to rest and watch Invictus with the rest of the staff, and I'm looking forward to it, until church in the morning :) Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment