Friday, July 30

Long Island and Junior High



This picture was my group from two weeks ago. Before they came, I knew two things about them. They were from Long Island, and they were Junior High kids. To say I was reluctant to be excited is a bit of an understatement. To top it all of, I knew that I was going to be staying with them in Anacostia. In any normal, rational person's mind, this would spell out out a recipe for disaster.

To say my group rose above and beyond my expectations would be a gross understatement. They were absolutely incredible. They pushed through their week with a determination that even I could not match. They were strong, grounded in their faith and so much fun. Not to get ahead of myself...there were a couple of times I thought about purposefully leaving a Junior High-er at a ministry site. But, they were amazing. I can go into more details on how incredible they were in a separate post. But for now, let me settle with: God and Junior Highers makes a GREAT combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment