Saturday, June 12

Rest? What's that?





Tonight was a great night for everyone to sit back and relax :) This morning, we practiced (even more) directions. You'd think I'd have the hang of them by now, yet practice is still necessary. After directions, we made our way to another ministry site where we were able to serve in a soup kitchen. I love being able to visit the sites before we bring our groups there, it's awesome gathering our bearings so that we can let the groups see that we know what we're doing...most of the time :)

Later on in the afternoon, we were able to go to Baltimore for an Orioles game. I've never been to Baltimore before, and I must say. I was very impressed. The second picture is the Baltimore Harbor. In an odd way, the area we were in kind of reminded me of Boston. The architecture was very similar, and being on the water certainly helped :)

After dinner, we made our way over to the Orioles stadium. At Orioles stadium, you can bring food into the stadium, without having to make your purchases in the stadium itself. This is great because it changes the whole atmosphere of the stadium. People will set up tents for 3 blocks outside of the stadium and grill food to sell to fans hours before the game starts. I ended up with a homemade Maryland Crab Cake...and was sold. It was absolutely fantastic.

The Orioles ended up losing, but I ended up being able to see a city that I had never visited before. The parts of Baltimore I visited were beautiful, and I loved being able to have a relaxing afternoon. We just got back to DC, and it's late. Needless to say, our week ended simply, but very well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment