Monday, May 31

Give It the Old College Try

My mom is an avid blogger. She maintains a blog on this same "blogspot" website, and is extremely faithful in her maintenance of her blog. The people that follow my mom's blog are lucky...she is creative, inventive and continually finding new topics to blog about.

Unforutnately, I can't promise the same for my attempted blog this summer. I can credit my efforts to my mom, but that's the only promising parallel I can account for between these two blogs.

I'm currently sitting in a makeshift living room in the Star of Bethlehem Church in Northwest Washington DC. I couldn't be happier :) I'm taking a Step of Faith (hence the site name) and I'm venturing to call Washington DC 'home' for the next three months. I can't promise daily updates...our schedule is packed. However, I can promise 'the good ole college try' and say that I will be attempting to update my blog as frequently as possible without losing my sanity.

My hopes for this blog are to have a sort of 'online journal' so that after my time in DC has concluded, I can still maintain my memories of this summer to carry them with me as I move into my next journey. Because of this journal format, my blog may be set up a bit different from some of the more 'mainstream blogs.' That is only because it is personal and close to my heart, and this will hopefully serve as a way that I can sort through my days, one step at a time :)

As for this first post, training starts today and hopefully I'll have more to share tonight after we've concluded :) Happy day!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I can't believe you caved in and actually started a blog. I'm so glad you did because I'm looking forward to following it.
    Second of all, your words were both sweet and kind.
    Third...you did an EXCELLENT job and I can't wait to read more!!!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited you're spending the summer with CSM! Looking forward to reading about your experience!

    ReplyDelete